- Click on the “Select video” button to select the video you want to convert.
- Click on the “Convert” button and it will start the conversion process.
- For more, you can also: config the palette, set the forecolor/bgcolor in the output html, and change the width/height of the result ascii art output size.
- Open the output html file to see the animation displayed with ascii characters and you can also edit/upload the html to the website to share with your friends.
How does it work behind scene:
- Convert the video to gray scale picture
- and then map each pixel to the characters given in the palette by their brightness level .
- Long length video will end up with a big output html file, it’s not efficient when playback. To be efficient, always cut the video to the size small enough to be useful, for example 1 minute, etc.
- Twist and increase the output width&height will have better looking result.
For good palette characters, and valuable guidance: